The post involves teaching at the ISTV (Institut des Sciences et Technologies) which is part of the University of Valenciennes.
– 200 hours per year + extra hours possible (on average you would be doing between 15 to 20 hours a week during university term time).
– Net salary: €1200 per month, including medical coverage, expandable to family.
– We are looking for an English native speaker :
– who has valid working papers for France or has EU nationality
– who has completed a 4-year university course
– who is willing to work in close collaboration with permanent lecturers and other lecteurs/lectrices
– who is enthusiastic, organised, creative and flexible
– Contract starts 1st September 2018 and ends on 31st August 2019.
The lecteur/lectrice will:
– teach across different science departments. Prior knowledge of the specialist subject areas is not required. However, the successful applicant will be expected to take an interest in the relevant areas of study;
– organise and give conversation classes for science students to encourage fluency practice, develop cultural awareness and discuss cultural topics. The level of English is variable, so you will aim to encourage students of all levels to improve their existing skills and reach higher goals, whatever their starting point. Assessment is carried out during class time.
Please note that if you have already occupied a lecteur/lectrice position twice in France, you are not eligible to apply for this position.
To apply, please send a copy of the following documents:
– CV (in English and French)
– Cover Letter in English and French (addressed to M. Thierry DELOT, Directeur de l’ISTV)
– Passport / ID
– Birth Certificate (with translation)
– Diplomas (with translations)
– “Attestation sur l’honneur” (stating that you have had no previous position as a lecteur / lectrice in France)
Candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted from mid-March onwards.
Application deadline: 15 March 2018
The above-mentioned documents are to be sent to:
Responsable des Langues ISTV
UVHC – Le Mont Houy
59013 Valenciennes Cedex 09
Tel: +33 (0)3 27 51 18 26
For further information, please feel free to contact me.